The law of attraction is a simple idea that can have a big impact on your life. Whether you are hoping to bring new energy to your relationship or enhance your daily life with positive thinking, living the law of attraction can help you pursue your goals and improve your life. Here is an introduction to this law and some thoughts on how to put it into action.
What is the Law of Attraction?
Simply put, the law of attraction speaks to the idea that “like attracts like.” For example, if you are a positive person who makes a habit of seeing the glass half full, you are likely to attract more positivity into your life. By the same token, this law says that thinking negatively will bring more negativity into your life. Understanding the law of attraction and putting it into action can help you take control of your experiences, and help you use positive thinking to move toward your goals. Living the law of attraction can enhance your life in many ways including:
- Helping you visualize your success by reframing your thinking and eliminating negative thoughts
- Encouraging you to make the most of your experiences by focusing on the positive
- Enabling you to realize your dreams and take steps toward making them a reality
- Giving you more control in your relationships by helping you understand your role in a relationship and reducing other people’s abilities to influence your thoughts and feelings.
3 Simple Ways To Start Living the Law of Attraction
You can start living the law of attraction action at home, at work, and in your relationships to enhance positivity and move toward your goals. Try some of the following easy ways to start practicing the law in your thoughts, goals, and relationships.
1. Law of Attraction and Your Point of View
Living the law of attraction can start with a simple shift in your perspective. Begin by focusing on the positive, and taking steps to eliminate the negative in your life. Some ways do this include:
Focusing on the positive:
As the law of attraction states, be positive and you will attract more positivity. Whether that means bringing positive people into your life or making room for new experiences, taking some time to focus on the positive aspects of your life can help bring more good things your way. Some ways to do this include:
- Starting a gratitude journal. This can help you outline things that you are grateful for and focus on things you appreciate in life.
- Writing down one thing per week you are looking forward to. Even if it is something small such as “new yoga class Thursday” or “lunch with friends on Saturday.” Doing so can help keep your mind on things that lift you up instead of things that bring you down.
- Making time for little things that make you happy every day. That might mean meditating for 15 minutes before bed, using your lunch break to go for a short walk, or signing up for activities you enjoy after work rather than coming straight home at the end of the day. Taking even just a few minutes to enjoy things that make you happy can help you get into a positive mindset.
Eliminating the negative:
According to the law of attraction, thinking negatively will only bring more negativity into your life. Therefore, by making an effort to eliminate negative influences now, you can keep them away in the future. Here are a few ways to stop thinking negatively:
- Catch yourself in the act. Acknowledging a problem can be the first step to solving it. If you find yourself thinking “there is no way I will get into graduate school” or “I will never find a new job,” stop those thoughts and rephrase them. Instead, tell yourself “I can [get a new job] and one thing I can do to get started is [update my resume].” Fill in the brackets with your own goal!
- Find the root of your negative feelings. Is there a deeper reason behind your negative thoughts? For example, are you really upset because your boss gave you another project, or is the larger issue that you do not have the work-life balance you would like? Thinking about the big picture can help you have a better understanding of what you are feeling and reduce negativity in the long run.
2. Law of Attraction and Goal Setting
Living the law of attraction will not only help you think positively, it can also help you move toward your goals. Because this law is all about using the power of positive thinking to harness the things you want in your life, goal setting is a perfect opportunity to apply it. For example, say your goal is to get into graduate school; sitting around thinking you will get accepted without taking tests or filling out applications will not make your goal come true. However, it does mean that thinking positively can have a big impact on the end result. Keep these tips in mind for setting goals backed by the living the law of attraction:
- Identify your goals: The first step of setting any goal is identifying the specifics of your goal. If your goal is to find a career that makes you happier, is there a specific career path you are interested in? What are the prerequisites to getting into that field? Having a clear understanding of what you are hoping to achieve is a good way to make that goal a reality.
- Make a dream board or vision board: Dream boards are visual representations of goals and aspirations. They often feature inspirational images, quotes, and other illustrations of goals, ideas, and dreams. These types of boards often detail specific goals. For example, if your goal is to apply for graduate school, this board may include images of the school you wish to attend and quotes about the benefits of higher education. These boards may also be simple illustrations of ideas that inspire you, such as places you wish to travel or uplifting quotes.
- Celebrate small successes: The law of attraction is all about focusing on positive energy and attracting more of it into your life. An easy way to bring more positivity into your life is to celebrate small accomplishments on the way to your goal. If your goal is getting into graduate school, treat yourself to something you love after taking standardized tests or finishing an application. This is a great way to embrace positivity in your life and celebrate concrete steps you have taken toward your goal.
3. Law of Attraction and Relationships
The law of attraction and relationships can be deeply correlated; focusing on positivity can fuel a relationship, but dwelling on negativity may only bring more negative influences to your life. This practice does not only work for romantic relationships but also in those with friends, family members, and coworkers a well. A few simple ways to make the most of living the law of attraction and relationships include:
- Share small positive anecdotes every day. Tell your partner you love little things they do or praise your coworkers for a job well done on a recent project.
- Voice your gratitude. Tell the people in your life you appreciate things they have done, experiences you have had with them, or that you are simply thankful that they are a part of your life.
- Take control of things that do not make you happy. While you cannot control how another person treats you, you can control your own actions. If you are in a toxic relationship, consider if you can adapt this relationship in a way that will make you happy. If that is not possible, find ways to distance yourself from that person. If you are in a relationship that makes you happy, share that love with the other person to attract more positivity into your life!